Saturday, February 12, 2011

Crit

For crit I didn't have too much material to show other than some content I have organized and also some sketches for how I'd like to lay out my thesis. My thesis is based on restrictions and I created an organized list of my own personal life restrictions and are using them as my content. I'm illustrating all of about 100 of them in individual flyers that I will post on the wall from floor to ceiling. Each restriction has a short narrative attached to them and I plan on presenting those in a separate catalog. Over each flyer, I want the same printing X on either vellum or clear paper to signify these are all of the things I 'can't' do. The group was concerned about the visibility of the flyers behind the possible vellum paper with the printing X on top and this is a concern of mine also. This coming week I plan to have actual mock ups to see how the really look and try and figure out how to communicate my message in the most clear and interesting way. I organized my restrictions into categories: personal, personal appearance, work, money, parents, school, fears, health/food. Each flyer will be color coordinated to match each category. I also realized I sometimes break my own restrictions. I want to organize the flyers based on how often I break my own restrictions. I basically want the installation to be an overwhelming list of things that I can't do.

No comments:

Post a Comment