Thursday, September 16, 2010

Design III Focus Statement/Images




Focus Statement: For my thesis I want to focus on energy with creating energy by using patterns and/or textures that form a visual energy. I like the concept that energy cannot be created or destroyed only displaced. So I’m hoping I can create movement visually through my patterns/textures.


I chose these 3 images to display both my interest in textures and patterns but also to show type as image which is something I want to be able to accomplish successfully this year though I may or may not use type in my thesis. The map made of typography shows not only text as image but creates a flowing texture that I love. Its very detailed and somewhat complicated which I think is intriguing. The image of the fork, knife, and plate demonstrate the text as image but also a form of a pattern with the text that make up the plate. I love that the solid forms of the knife and fork are used as a reference to and balance of the plate. The 3rd image of the face made up of tiny lines I think is a great textural piece. Though, there is a lot of detail, the small lines together make something greater which might be a theme/technique for me to explore.


No comments:

Post a Comment