Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Focus Statement Annotated Images

Face_Typography_Style_by_thehonor2.jpgI'm not sure exactly who made this because I did find it on google but I really like the playing of type as imagery and that is something that i've always wanted to achieve. I like that it's a face I've always loved drawing from life and particularly the human body and portraits which I think still gets carried over to come of my designs.

695_big01.jpgThis I found while looking at examples of info graphics and I just loved the texture of each one. Its called Synesketch by Uros Krcadinac no clue who that is but I really like the layering of the tiny simple shapes that make up this large complex entity. I really like stuff like this because it tends to have a life of its own. I think visuals like this really do come to life and have an energy to them which is something that I want to explore for my thesis.

690_big02.jpgThis I saw in the same spot of the one before and I immediately thought of energy and energy waves and frequencies which is what I'm exploring for my thesis so I figured I would include it. It also reminds me of water and has this fluid motion and even the graphic looks like it has ripples in it which is pretty cool.


Focus Statement: For my thesis I want to focus on the theory of energy never being created or destroyed but only displaced. Technically I want to explore making textures and patterns that create visual energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment