Wednesday, October 20, 2010

New Thesis Idea












I've been looking into the golden ratio and the ideal proportions. The golden ratio has been used in art design architecture and nature. I like the fascination with the idea of perfection and the 'ideal'. I was looking at before and after pictures of weight loss, plastic surgery and photoshop. The idea of 'before and after' I am using for my visual cliche project. I'm not sure yet what I want to compare in the before and after. I explored food sort of poking fun of the before and after concept and not having any changes between the picture or possibly using the advertisement photograph of a big mac and then using an actual picture of a big mac..a difference people already recognize but when compared directly next to one another becomes more powerful and comical. I haven't decided exactly what I'm going to do yet. Here are some images I have been searching for inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment